Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Highway No 1 english

    September 12, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Sorry, the English version is a bit late.

    Leaving LA we booked a rental car at Hertz.

    No service , sign the contract, here are the keys, car is in -6, row 3.
    A Chevy Malibu, good to drive.
    Nobody to explain the car
    How to open the trunk! Havens thank in the neighbor parking lot the same car was brought back and the driver could show me.

    So, with a little heart beating we started.
    And found the US no 1, the PCH, easily.
    We had a beautiful ride along the pacific coast, seeing the richness of this country .endless fields of fruits, vegetables, oranges, oil pumps!
    We would do the trip in 2 days And planed to stop in Morro Bsy.
    It should be a nice Harbour and a rock in front like Gibraltar.
    Coming closer, we dawn a little mist coming from the ocean, it became more intens, finally it was so intens, that we could not see anything!

    The guy from the hotel have us best informations, so Truus could see Djokovic winning and after that good seafood in a nice restaurant.

    Next morning the mist was gone and we saw the Harbour , the rock and the seals, we heard only the night before.

    The PCH is closed between Morro bay and Monterey, in January heavy rain flooded the street by total damage.

    We stepped out at The 17 miles drive, pebble beach, and made the rest to SF .

    In SF
    We were wondering about so many homeless people. We did not to much, just walking a bit downtown.

    So, the next report will come from the winelands
    Read more