Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 78

    Saguaro National Park - Rincon Mountain

    May 2, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Saguaro National Park, a Park with a city in the middle, Tucson.The Saguaro National Park has 2 districts, the Tucson Mountain District, west of the city and the Rincon Mountain District, on the east. We opted to explore the Rincon side since it offered an 8 mile scenic drive that meanders through a saguaro forest, at the base of the Rincon Mountains. This allows for Sonoran Desert viewing up close and personal. If it wasn't for the scenic drive, the visitor would be pretty much relegated to hiking the desert. Hike at your own risk, this is a desert. Extreme temperatures can provide hazardous conditions, not to mention the pressence of prickly plants and venomous snakes. Kinda makes you want to go desert hiking?? We'll stay in the car, thank you!

    The scenery didn't disappoint. The saguaro cactus, the nation's largest cactus and found only in a small portion of the US, are beginning to bloom, and many other cacti are strutting their colorful flowers. The desert does provide its own brand of beauty. Seeing is believing! We timed our visit just right.
    Read more