Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 121

    Crossville, Tennessee - Crossville KOA

    June 14, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    What day is it? The story goes like this. We stopped for lunch at a Cracker Barrel restaurant. Since it was Thursday and turkey is always Cracker Barrel's Thursday special, so we ordered turkey. The waitress said the Friday special is fish. Oops! Another senior moment or just on retirement time?

    Anyway,we are steadily moving eastward toward home. Our current camping spot is in Crossville, Tennessee which is between the cities of Nashville and Knoxville, in Middle Tennessee, on the Cumberland Plateau. This geographic location provides for a mild year around climate which in turn makes for ideal weather for 12 golf courses. This makes Crossville the Golf Capital of Tennessee.

    We passed by Nashville today and what excitement. It was the middle of the afternoon and traffic was bumper to bumper. Rush hour must be even more exciting.

    We'll skip the history lesson regarding Crossville. Well, maybe we'll have a little lesson. As its name denotes, the town sprang up at a crossroads, then someone built a store at the crossroads, the Civil War took advantage of the crossroads, more roads and highways were built, and today there is a town of 12,000 people. The End!
    Read more