Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 123

    Baileyton, Tennessee - Baileyton KOA

    June 16, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Still in Tennessee, in Baileyton, in the state's northeast corner. It's our last stop in the Volunteer State.

    Our drive here today wasn't a long one, but it took a longer time than anticipated. We got stuck on the interstate in a huge backup caused by a tractor trailer having run off the road and into a ravine which caused the trailer to break apart and spill its load. Our traffic woes continued with going through the city of Knoxville and playing Sunday combat driving with all the weekenders and vacationers.

    The good part of today's travels is the turning northward and starting at Mile 0 of Interstate 81. From here it's all the way home on I-81, getting off at the Mountain Top, PA exit. Only 571 miles to go. No chance of getting lost now.

    The campground du jour is another KOA in the small town of Baileyton, named after 2 founding Bailey brothers. Baileyton is just a stop off the interstate with 400 people and a few businesses, restaurants, and gas stations. The star of the show here is the campground. We stumbled upon a little gem. While small, it has all the needed amenities; even a golf driving range, a first for us for campground amenities. Fore!!!!
    Read more