Satellite
  • Day 12

    A Hotchkiss for the Day

    February 8, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today I decided to just relax and hang out with the Hotchkiss family. I made this decision because I've just been go go go for the last couple weeks and needed to relax a bit. At about 1 am Zach put a brisket on his smoker to cook all night and day.

    During the day I got the opportunity to play guitar with both Jaxton (8) and Jaylin(10). They both have little ukeleles so we tuned them and then made up some songs. I strummed the guitar while they played the ukes. We all had a blast and both kids learned a thing or two. Along with enjoying the kids Lori and I chatted for a good long time about all kinds of things including family and life in general. It was great to get to know her and to have some solid conversation.

    Mid afternoon we took a walk with everyone along the coast. It was pretty hot outside and the kids struggled a bit. Despite this the walk was beautiful and fun. The beaches and cliffs are breathtaking.

    When we returned we played more and finally ate. Dinner was off the charts. It included smoked brisket and chicken, bleu cheese cole slaw, and homemade baked beans that were actually also cooked in the smoker. Everything was spectacular and it had been a while since I have had a sit down home cooked meal.

    After dinner Zach and I sipped some fantastic scotch and walked to the beach where we tossed the football and watched the ocean.

    To cap it all off Zach and I put down a few more drinks and watched Django Unchained. What a great movie.

    All said and done Sunday was relaxing and quite simply good for my heart and soul. I can't wait to see them again.
    Read more