Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4, Twillingate

    September 20, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Has it really only been 4 days? We have done so much!
    Today we woke to the waves outside our cottage, we had coffee, yogurt and blueberries for breakfast on the beach.
    After a drive through town, we found our way to the Long Point Lighthouse at Crow's Head and the hiking trails. We chose the shorter of the two trails, a 6.5km loop. It was a a down hill trail through the woods on the hillside, leveling out at Nanny's Hole with incredible views of the Atlantic Ocean. The walk back was tough, all uphill and a lot of it on pavement. The reward at the top was a fudge and gift shop! The girl at the shop suggested some great local lunch spots, everyone is always so nice and helpful!
    Lunch at Annie's, I had the Twilly Cheesesteak Sandwich, and Norm had a Club, with a view of the harbour. After lunch we visited the Twillingate Museum, and the Wooden Boat Builder Museum. The boat builder working in the loft told us about some other hiking trails near his home across the island, so we set off for Little Harbour, and the Natural Arch.
    I wasn't sure we had another hike in us today, but we persevered and the Arch was worth it!
    Dinner was pan-fried cod and steamed veggies at the Twillingate Dinner Theatre. We sat with a fun couple visiting from Collingwood - small world. The show was great: music, comedy and local stories all performed by locals who cooked and served the meal too!
    A great day today, and we still have one more full day to explore these beautiful Twillingate islands.
    Read more