Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Cartagena & Medellin

    August 18, 2016 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    After Santa Marta we travelled to Cartagena and stayed in our nice hotel and went to La Brioche for burgers which were so yummy.

    The next day we had to catch a flight to Medellin and I bought an Emerald Ring which was lovely as Colombia are known for their emeralds.

    When we arrived in Medellin we went to our hostel which was next to the Happy Buddha. We caught the cable car up to the top of Medellin and there were amazing views. We met a cut local in the cable car too but I was desperate for the toilet and nearly wet myself.

    In the evening we went to eat at a Greek place and then went out to Happy Buddha for drinks. Met two Aussies called Hans ans Todd and also a nice Irishman called Conor.

    The next day we went for brunch and then chilled as there were no tours on the Sunday to see Pablo Escobar's house.

    In the evening we went out again and met two people called Kenny and Josh who were starting at pwc and EY!

    Then me and Georgia went to catch our flight the next day at 5am but we weren't allowed on the flight because we didn't have proof we were leaving Panama.

    So we had to go stay in a hotel near the airport and wait until the next day to fly! The hotel was so empty and bizarre and next to a huge hospital which is the nicest hospital I've ever seen.

    The next day we caught our flight to Panama but only because it was delayed as they wouldn't let us on again! They said our bus transfer from Bocas to CR wasn't proof enough and so we had to book a flight from Panama to Columbia to be let on!

    When we arrived in Panama we went to the bus terminal and got our eyebrows done in the mall and then we boarded the bus and met two nice people called Ruth and Cal.
    Read more