Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    This and That

    September 11, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today we fell in with my sister’s plans and accompanied her as she went about her day. The boys has classes in Lismore so we started there. Mum and I visited the Art Gallery and were lucky enough to catch the end of a talk given by Geoff Hannah who crafted the Hannah Cabinet. I’d never heard of Geoff Hannah or his cabinetry but if you are interested google him. The cabinet is opened once a week so we were able to get some idea of the intricacies of it. It’s made up so many compartments and all finely decorated.

    After we finished at the Art Gallery we went with Jenny to watch her being filmed for a TAFE project. She was explaining the dyes Vikings used. Her wool is such incredible colours, all from insect or vegetable dyes.

    After lunch we returned to Nimbin for the afternoon Farmer’s Market. It’s a small market but with a lot of variety. We aren’t preparing evening meals here otherwise there was so much I could have bought (and eaten). We are planning a picnic lunch tomorrow so I did get some cheese and pickled mushrooms.

    We then headed back to Jenny’s and just hung out for what was left of the afternoon. She made us a delicious bacon soup before she headed back to get the boys and we came back to our accommodation.
    Read more