Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Broadway Baby!

    July 13, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Massive, massive bucket list ✅️

    There are 41 theaters, only 3 of which are actually on Broadway, the rest are spread from 41st to 53rd street and they are all world class!

    If you have an amateur dramatic background, have performed on a big stage and done a couple of musicals- and won an award or two- only then can you truly appreciate what a polished, world-class, entertaining  performance this was! That opening scene shot the lights out 🤩  Full theatre and standing ovations.... Sutton Foster (and Hugh) is a star!

    Also had the chance to see an off Broadway performance by the Blue Man Group. Don't think I've ever see this much audience interaction!  It was totally off the wall, involving toilet paper, boxes of cereal, drain pipes, marshmallows and loud music, all mimed & performed by literally 3 blue men!

    And then Karl surprised me with a BIG spoil (as if this wasn't the case already) but ....

    Tickets to see the American Ballet at the Metropolitan Opera House - Romeo and Juliette 🩰🩰

    I mean, can you get more romantic?? 🥰

    And considering he doesn't really "do the ballet" he was prepared to go with me and watch. #goodman #mykindaguy

    It was spectacular! And as it happens, we sat next to Juliette's real dad in the audience. That dude was so proud of his daughter!

    Karl only fell asleep after Act1 scene 3, but woke up to clap every time and then watched the last, most poignant scene... you know....the one where they both die 🤣

    In his defense, it was a long ass day and the music was so soothing 😌

    Dinner was authentic Italian at La Masseria 🇮🇹
    Read more