Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Caligual Lagoon Lazing.

    January 10, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Today is an easy relaxing day. Temperature is very pleasant with a nice brisk cooling breeze. Overnight I actually needed to close down a couple of hatches as it was just a little cool for perfect comfort. A good night sleep here in the quiet pre-dawn while the birds also rested from the previous day.

    Sitting in the early morning at the shady side of the van, missions of corellas flying formation in groups of up to fifty passed over. Some smaller groups transponded their way across at lower altitude with regular location squarks.

    Trees periodically erupted with the jump of a happy jack into a delicate and gracefully glide over to check what we were doing. The return flight was a busy powerful flutter as they accelerated back to the sanctuary of the tree. They seem a little more cautious today after the intrusion of yesterday's goanna. Happy Jack's, also known around here as Apostle birds don't fly a lot as they seem to prefer pedestrian travel as they forage for morsels of food on the ground.

    Today is also an opportunity to make a fresh batch of yoghurt. This ensures a good supply at all times. We will also take advantage of the sunny afternoon to use our solar oven. It will allow us to cook a nice meal with energy coming only from the sun.
    Read more