Satellite
Show on map
  • Cemetery Swamp

    July 8, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    About 3 kilometres south of Croyden, another bird hangout. The Lagoon is home to lots of water birds while just to each side the low shrub forest provides a habitat for many of the small forest birds.

    There are many kites circling above, the caw of many crows and ravens. Grebes duck under and bob back up a few metres away in their search for food. Cormorants, ducks and many others depending on the time of day.

    Behing where I am right now is the chatter of so many small birds. The brown Honeyeater are quite obvious but there are many others noisily going about their business.

    Some of the trees are flowering quite heavily and the buzz of bees can be heard. I suppose the rainbow bee waters are tempted. Apparently they prefer other insects but will eat bees as well. Somehow they must deal with the bite bit, maybe it's like us eating chillies, an acquired taste.

    It is quite relaxing sitting here today in the shade overlooking a truly beautiful scene.

    Off in the distance on the far side of the lagoon the late sunlight is lighting up the silver tree branches. Ducks and grebes are making waves as they paddle to and fro.
    Read more