Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • What the Heck is a GPX File?

    7. elokuuta 2021, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Some people might be wondering what those funny icons mixed up with the photos are. The icon says GPX. It means GPs-eXchange file. Simply they are a data file that contain tracks, points and other information. They can be read by many location aware and mapping programs. Find Penguins can also read these files if they are added to a footprint.

    They can be loaded first for a snazzy view of a route you have walked or driven. Points can be included for extra information. Generally this is revealed by tapping or clicking on each point.

    If they are loaded within or after the photos then they need to be tapped or clicked to show on a world map.

    Great! Now we know what they are for, how the heck to you get one?

    I thought you would never ask!

    Many GPS devices can create these files. They would need to be downloaded depending on the device you have. Once you have the file it can be opened in many programs or even shared to friends.

    The way I create these files is using an app on my phone. There are many that will do this, however I found one that works very well and is free for Android. There will also be options for Apple.

    The one I use on my Android devices is GPS Logger.

    This link should take you to the Google store.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=e…
    Lue lisää