Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Tenterfield.

    March 26, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    After out stay at Casino for a couple of days we continued our trip south. We initially headed west to Tenterfield before actually getting further south.

    Tenterfield was a fuel stop and then lunch in the Lions park. On the way in, we found that one of the locals has created a huge Easter bunny from hay bales. This is definitely one of the best hay bales artworks we have seen.

    In the park was a sign with some Tenterfield info.

    Birthplace of Our nation...

    Birthplace of Our nation, Henry Parkes vision of a united Australia was presented in his famous federation speech at the Tenterfield school of Arts on 24th, October 1989, which led to the Federation of the colonies in 1901.

    Tenterfield is one of the country's most significant historic settlements through preservation of landmark buildings such as the School of Arts, Police Station and Gaol, Tenterfield Saddlery, Railway Station and Stannum House. Colonial architecture contrasts with magnificent natural features including Bald Rock Boonno Boonoo Falls, Sundown and Garraween National parks.

    Bald Rock National Park features the largest exposed granite monolith in Australa, rewarding bushwalkers and climbers with an expansive panoramic view unequalled in the New England Region. Add the mystique of Aboriginal lore and you have a town not to be missed.

    STATISTICS

    TOWN POPULATION: 3500
    HEIGHT ABOVE SEA LEVEL 882 meters

    AVERAGE TEMPERATURE
    Summer 26 degrees
    Winter 12.2 degrees
    Read more