Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 3 Summary... and... parenting fail

    June 29, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Day 3... wow.... time flies. Today is our last full day in Dublin... and we still had a list of things to do. So we started... nice and late. Everyone slept in till 10. We must still be jet lagging it a bit. So we decided to start off the day with a nice breakfast/lunch at Lemon Jelly, a fun little restaurant with amazing food. After that we were treking it on foot to the Guiness Storehouse for a tour through their museum. It was very well done.

    After that we walked briskly over to the Archeology Musem to search for an old chess queen that Evan saw a replica of and found out the queen was in Dublin while the other pieces are in Edinburgh and London. So... we thought it would be cool to find them all. But we couldn't find it and they eventually kicked us out. After that we went to the potatoe famine memorial which was super interseting, and then we made our way back to the hotel where we had supper and relaxed for a bit.

    And now... on to the parenting fail. I thought it would be fun and interesting to take the kids out a bit later and see the lights and the energy of the city. Jen warned me that may not be a good idea. I thought she was worrying over nothing and we would be fine... thinking her concerns were with safety. They were not. We headed down to the Temple Bar area because I wanted a picture of the historic bar all light up. And... I was looking forward to hearing some live Celtic bands as we merrily stroll through the streets. As it turns out, not only is there a very large amount of drunk people walking around at 10pm, but this is also the time companies start to put out their advertising for lap dances and steak dinners. So, after getting some Gelato at Cloud Nine, we walked around a little bit until we saw a couple of girls doing something inappropriate and then one drunk girl stole Liam's nose. Liam was traumatized and ran off and Caden had to run up and steal the imaginary nose back. What a hero. So, it was at that time I figured it was time to go.

    So... lessons learned. Put the kids to bed at 8 don't let them out at night. And always listen to your wife when she tells you something is a bad idea. Liam keeps reaching up to check if his nose is really back. Poor kid. Tomorrow it is on to Killarney. Should be fun.

    p.s. We also set a new personal best of 26,522 steps. Woo Hoo.

    p.s.s On top of all that, I still didn't get to hear any celtic music. All the bands we could hear were all playing modern music. Stupid modern society.
    Read more