Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 6 Summary

    July 2, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Today was our last day in Killarney. It was "supposed" to be a laid back day. So we decided to walk FOREVER!!! We started off making breakfast at the hotelly place, and then started on our way to Muckross House. We ended up taking the very long way through an off the beaten path which was the right decision. The house was cool and the gardens were amazing.

    Then on the way back we stopped off at the Muckross Abbey, took a bunch of pictures, and then walked back to the hotel. After eating supper together we walked into town to walk around. Today was also the Ring Of Kerry Charity Bike event which brings in around 6000 bicyclists. So it was cool watching all the bikers coming back and cheering for them.

    We walked around downtown Killarney and ended with a trip to Celtic Donuts for a sweet treat. Then back to the hotel to eat supper and do a pre final cleanup so we can hit the road to Belfast via Dublin via Cork early.

    So... what was supposed to be a laid back day ended up being a 30,748 Step Day. The most walking yet. We really need to stop using our laid back days to walk a mini marathon.

    So... big travel day tomorrow and then starts our Belfast adventure.
    Read more