Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    It's London Baby!!!!

    July 10, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Well, we made it. London. So far the kids are most excited about London which is cool. But first... we had to say goodbye to Edinburgh. We started the day with a goodbye toast. We cracked open a bottle of butterscotch beer, all said our goodbyes and walked to the train station. We were really early... again... so we swung by Sir Walter Scott's monument which is located just outside the train station. Somehow, we missed it when we arrived.

    Then it was on the train on our way to London. After an uneventful train ride we arrived amongst the hustle and bustle of Kings Cross Station. Our first order of business is to get Oyster cards and learn how to maneuver the underground tain system. We fumbled around a bit but got it figured out and we were off to our apartment. It is... small... but we hope we aren't here much. After getting unpacked, we headed out for food. The kids were craving fast food so we stopped to get some on the way to Hyde Park which is located about 5 blocks from our place. We sat and had a picnic in the park surrounded by locals playing soccer, badminton and walking their dogs. Super fun. Then, we were off to wander the park. I felt like we walked from one end to the other. We saw Kensington Palace. And there was a concert series going on in the park so we walked all the way down to get closer to that. Then over to see the Peter Pan statue and the Italian gardens. Hyde Park is huge and full of people. Lots of rollerskaters and "interesting" people. We loved it. But everyone was starting to wear down so we headed to the grocery store to stock our fridge with food and headed back to our apartment. Not sure if we will head out again tonight but for now we are just lovin' bein' in London.

    After a slow start to the day, we managed to pack on the steps and finished just under 20,000. It is hot here so that is slowing us down a bit. We shall see what we get done tomorrow. Until then....
    Read more