Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Day One .. In London. . Is Done

    July 11, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Well, if you only have 6 days in London, you want to go hard.... so we did. The day started off with breakfast in the apartment and then we were riding the subway down to Buckingham Palace. We toured around the outside for a bit and then we walked the mall down to Trafalgar Square. It was just cool sites after cool sites... so what did we decide to do next..... the M&M store.

    We also stopped and got same day cheap..er tickets to see "The Mousetrap".. the longest continuous running play ever. Going on 70 years now.

    With that purchased, we went to do lunch. We saw a Sherlock Pub so we decided to try there. But when we opened up the menu, it was identical to the Beehive Inn in Edinburgh, where we ate on our last day. I mean.... identical. It must be owed by the same company. So we decided to go elsewhere. We ended up at this Italian restaurant that had wood fired pizzas and bruscetta, and spaghetti. It was wonderful.

    Then bit more wandering until we ended up at the British Museum. What a cool place. We saw the Rosetta Stone, a bunch of Greek statues, some clocks, and we finally found the chess pieces Evan has been obsessed about since Dublin. He was pretty excited.

    After that we headed back to the apartment to have a quick bite to eat and refresh a bit before the play. It was a hot day today and we sure sweat a lot so it was good to relax and have a shower.

    Then we were off to the show. We were on the third balcony and seating was tight, but we could see the play fine and it was a lot of fun. One of the rules about Mousetrap is, you can't talk about Mousetrap so we will leave it at that. But go if you get the chance.

    Then it was riding the underground at night back to our place and off to bed.

    Today we clocked in 24,673 steps. Pretty good for such a hot day. Hopefully we walk a bit less tomorrow. But... we shall see.

    Until then.
    Read more