Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 12

    In a movie

    16 januari 2023, Uganda ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Today is the day we travel home. Well back to South Africa to pick Lindani (you all remember him) up from Johannesburg tomorrow morning and then fly to Durban to drop him home home to the village of Mduku.
    Our driver is with us bright and early and we then have a 4hr drive to Entebbe airport and all the fun of the yellow fever certificates and covid certificates.
    We chat with Paula along the way about how much fun we truly have had and reminisce laughing most the time.
    We arrive at the airport and of load our bags say goodbye to our driver and Paula takes us into the airport (she does want to leave us really) all hugs and kisses we say bye and take ourself through security and the boarder force then just wait for the flight to be called. Nkosie says he a little hungry so I make my way to the only place selling food and look at what is on offer. Chicken pie or vegetable roll. Am I that mean I would get two vegetable rolls. Been a veggie it is tempting. But as a Zulu man if meat 🥩 was on offer he would kill me...lol
    Chicken pie it is for him.
    The flight is finally called and we board the plan. Finally checks and we are off.
    Goodbye Uganda it's been a blast.

    Now have you ever thought that you have been in a movie in your life...?
    This one's called Sully (atom Hanks) look it up. Great movie to watch but not star in.
    BANG BANG..!
    Now I'm a seasoned traveler but for may people traveling from Uganda it's there first time on a plane. I'm not sure at this point what was loaded the birds passing through the engine or the lady behind me screaming "we are going to die, we are going to die..!
    Which then alerts the rest of the plan that we just might.
    A quick bank to our lift and we are now headed back to Entebbe airport where we started. Things can not be that bad has we don't quite go back has we have to spend the next hour flying around burning of fuel.
    We eventually land and are all disembarked safely and then we have to start the whole process again.
    Now you always get the one that thinks his world has ended and he normally travels first glass telling everyone he has another flight to catch to Durban and only had left himself 1hr transfer time. 🙄 He then marches off to THE LOUNGE to top up on more Champaign. The when we are called he pushes his way to the front in front of all the Mums with children.
    What I don't get is the num-nut doesn't seem to realise that the front of the plane doesn't leave without the back of the plan.....lol

    We eventually land in Johannesburg at 11pm and thankfully the hotel mini bus arrived to take straight to the hotel. A quick check in shower and plop straight into bed. Shattered...!
    Läs mer