Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Last day........

    January 15, 2023 in Uganda ⋅ 🌩️ 27 °C

    Been a Sunday we felt we deserved a little lay in. So we got up an hour later and asked if our driver could meet us at 9am.
    We had decided last night that we would visit Jinija to buy some hola-hoops for the children to play with. We told Paula and she made it her mission to find them. Whilst on the search we found a pack of bubble blowers so we brought them all up.
    5 more shops later and we found the Hola-hoops. With everything packed into the car we traveled to Bugiri which was a little quicker than before because it is a Sunday.

    We arrived at the children's home and this time park our side. The children all came around the car and started peering into the boot. Great cheers and shout came has they spotted the bubbles and the Hola-hoops. They carried them to the main hall and then asked if we would could move our chairs to be out side because the children wanted to dance for us again.
    Part of visiting God In Action was to see if the children were safe and secure. You can tell just feel how happy they are, particularly when they are dancing.
    Mandela suggested that we go on to the playing area again with the bubbles and the Hola-hoops for the children to play.
    Whilst they were all playing Mandela and 2 other started to play volleyball not something I have played since my school days.
    With the sun burning my skin it was time to go back to the home of the children.
    We then were then treated to the kids giving us a fair well dance and Nkosie treated them to a Zulu dance.
    Once all the dancing and celebration finished Mandela's father and mother turned up. In what I thought was respectfully I went up to he's father and dropped to my knees to shake his hand as the children had done to me. The soon pulled me to my feet and no no your are our guests. Manadela mother was beautiful. You could see where he got his looks from and that huge smile. With all their children around them
    It was time to take a few photos to capture the moment. They are Alson so proud of Mandela and what he has achieved. It was one huge happy family.
    Mandela and his brother presented us all with T-shirt's and also one for Pete and Hannah from Club House in the UK.
    We made our way to the car where our driver was once again waiting for us. We were surrounded by the children and the team. As we stepped into the car the emotion started to hit. I always find it strange often when you travel we are all nervous but people are so kind around the world 🌍 always wanting to help and show the best of their culture and country to you. You quickly become friends and then the parting is always a challenge. But I always say to be people you have to go home to come back......

    Through out this whole trip we have had our trusted driver beside us and Paula our guide which seems like of an insult really to call her a guide. She is a female version of Nkosie who has guided, supported, laughed and cried with us, who has now become a great friend.
    Never afraid to speak her mind always fights for the underdog and has the children at the heart of everything she does.
    On the drive home she said we could of came to Uganda without seeing the source of the Nile and she had planned a little boat trip that evening up the Nile to the source.
    Reflecting is not something I do I tend to look forward all the time but has we made our way up the Nile with the sun going down, Uganda has been kind to us and as a Charity that supports children that can not be heard it is our time to allow them to shout very loudly.
    Read more