Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    April 2 - Home Base - Grimsby

    April 2, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    Finally - our big adventure in the Middle East has begun! We will be spending a week in Dubai visiting with Doug's sister Patty and her husband Bob. They have been in Dubai for almost 4 years now where Patty has been teaching. From there, we will fly to Amman, Jordan and join up with a10-day tour run by Biblical Journeys Canada to visit sites in Jordan and then Egypt. The timing of the tour dovetailed perfectly with Patty's school break so it seemed as if it was meant to be.

    We drove to Pearson International Airport in Toronto on Monday, April 2nd, 2018 and took Emirates flight #242 at 9:40 p.m. It's only 7,232 miles to Dubai. We graciously declined to have a full dinner at 11:00 p.m. Before conking out, I watched the movie "Goodbye, Christopher Robin" - it's the story of A.A. Milne, the author of Winnie the Pooh, and his son, Christopher Robin and the effect that the book had on their lives. Good movie - highly recommend it. The flight was very full and we had two young ones near us who weren't really happy about flying so it was quite a noisy flight. We did manage to get some sleep, but airplane sleep is never deep enough. It's all part of the adventure! Next stop - Dubai!!!
    Read more