Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Semi Final Family Show

    May 9, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Nik - After initially missing out on tickets in the original Ticket Master release, and the OGAE Australia fan tickets...and playing the waiting game when OGAE Australia managed to score a handful of more tickets. Add to that all the planning it's taken to get here, and the stress over tickets not appearing in our accounts when they should have (we only got the e-tickets yesterday). It's been a marathon.

    So is it any wonder that when we finally opened the double doors and stepped into the arena for the first time that I started to well up. Excitement, wonder and disbelief. We actually made it!

    The arena is maybe only slightly bigger than where Australia Decides was held. But it took my breath away.

    And the show was fabulous! Seeing the artists and songs yes...but also seeing all the behind the sceens mechanisms, the cameras whizzing by just infront of us and overhead, the heat from the fire special effects washing over us. Ohhhh, magic!

    We had standing tickets and I knew it would be tough for both of us. I underestimated how tough. Suzies ankle and my back were aching by the 3/4 mark. The press of people all dancing made it hot and uncomfortable. We both needed a good sit down after.
    Read more