Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 33

    London to Dubai

    29 Mei 2023, England ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Suzie - We caught the 10.05 am from London Gatwick to Dubai International, plane got away late, cabin crew weren't very nice and we got into Dubai later than expected.

    After going through immigration, having my passport checked, asking several times where we needed to go for the shuttle and getting the run around, we finally exited where we were meant to be...at 9.30pm...into 35° heat. Oh my gods...

    Our shuttle bus finally arrived and took us to our hotel nearby (Holiday Inn Express Dubai) and we checked in.

    After a shower and something to eat, I feel a bit better.

    Nik - The flight from London left a bit late, which of cause meant our arrival in Dubai was later than expected. The flight crew on the way to London were lovely. No complaints. But the flight crew from London to Dubai I found to be on the rude side. They seemed trust if I asked for a cup of tea

    Being in Dubai...this was always the part of the trip I was dreading.

    When we originally booked the trip it was booked for a 7 hour layover in Dubai. Seven hours is not ideal, but I figured that we'd just hang around the airport and suck it up for the sake of our trip and...well, Eurovision.

    Then we got an email from Emirates with change of flight details. It would now be a 15 hour layover. Way too long to just hang around the airport after a 7 hour flight from London and a further 14 hours to Brisbane.

    Suzie tried to change our flights so we wouldn't have to be here as long, but the only option to allow for that was to leave London a day earlier. It was not ideal, especially as we had already planned, booked and paid for various accommodations. So we opted for a night in a hotel (Holiday Inn Dubai) across from the airport with a free 24 hour shuttle. It would mean a shower and a bed for a few hours. Recoup before the last long leg home.

    On arrival from London we were lost. Trying to find where we had to be to get the shuttle. We asked for directions several times. I lost count how many to be honest. One person told us through security and to door three. We get through security (which was at least a better experience than when we were doing Dubai to London) and had to ask again because we couldn't find door three to save ourselves. Then we asked someone else and we're in the wrong spot...up a level. We go there, ask someone else....no it's across this area. It just went on and on and to be honest, all but one of the people (men) we spoke to seemed put out that we had asked. We found all but one of them quite rude.

    We eventually found the shuttle stop. Waiting out in the heat (35°c at 9:30pm). We had one guy (a driver I think from a different hotel) ask what we were waiting for, in a rough, rude manner) then he hurried off when he found out we were not going to his hotel. Later, another guy (I think another shuttle guy) began to chat to us and we actually had a good chat to him. I began to relax a little before the shuttle arrived.

    We got to the hotel to book in. It was about 10:15pm at this point. We were asked if we wanted to book in for the buffet dinner. We agreed as we hadn't eaten, and paid. It was only after we paid for it that we were told it was only open for another 30 minutes. So we had to scarf our food rather quickly. I wasn't happy about that but I will say the Dahl curry, rice and salad I had was quite tasty.

    Then we found our room. (What a rabbit warren the hotel was.). It feels good to be away from people who seemed entirely too rude. The room and bed ate very comfortable. The shower was nice too.

    I can't sleep. I' m on edge.
    Baca lagi