Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    I've been eveywhere man!

    May 16, 2023 in Scotland

    A tour today. We got lots on the way there and almost missed it.

    First stop was Rosslyn Chapel of Da Vinci Code fame. A work of fiction true with most of the 'history' made up or tweaked to suit the author's needs, but it has helped to shine a light on a few historical locations, improve tourism to these places which in turn helps for the places to be maintained and preserved. Which is the case for Rosslyn.

    Photos of this place do not do it justice. Probably one of the reasons you're not allowed to photograph inside the chapel. The carvings, the ceiling. Stunning. And the sad story of the apprentice stone mason who was murdered by the jealous master Mason. I'm glad the apprentice has not been forgotten in history.

    Then to a town called Melrose and the Abbey there where Robert the Bruce's heart is burried.

    Then a stop at Hadrian's Wall where we were able to walk a small section and see the 37th milehouse. So cold and windy there.

    And of cause a short stop at the boarder between Scotland and England for a few photos.

    A busy day finished by a later dinner at Brodie Dixon's.
    Read more