Satellite
Show on map
  • The Prelude

    November 18, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    So the adventure begins, 2 days of travel to start -
    Saturday 19th, teatime departure up to the North East to take our Pads on his little holiday with Nanna and Grandad (oh and to chase and bark at cousin Hugo), nice restful night.
    Sunday and we rise to one of Big Mo’s English breakfast. Chilled morning with a little walk for Pads before we head over to Darlington train station. Quick costa before our train arrives, some cheeky moo is sat in our seats but as there is no luggage space we get relocated to another carriage, right where the bar is ... if I didn’t know better you’d think Janet had planned it 😂😂. So couple of drinks on the train down to Kings Cross, then onto the tube to get over to Heathrow... yep wrong tube, this one goes to terminals 1,2,3,5 we are staying at 4, no biggie we get off at the Hounslow West and 6 minutes later we are on the right tube - bit of a walk from the terminal to the hotel but worth it. Lovely hotel and cheeky little upgrade to boot. By 6.15 we are in the executive lounge, have canopies and nibbles while sipping on the complimentary wine, lager and later baileys (Janet), whisky for me. We book a taxi for 5.45 Monday morning to take us to terminal 3.
    Read more