Satellite
  • Day 5

    Well I would walk 16 miles

    November 23, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 0 °C

    Good nights sleep, and awake for 6.30 but we lounge around and don’t get down to Breakfast till 8 AM. There’s already a queue but only wait 10 minutes before being seated. We’ve decided to visit the 9/11 memorial today, I’m really surprised that Janet agrees to walk there!! Straight down 8th Avenue, we get to see a different side to NYC on the 90 minute meander, passing both Google and PayPal offices.
    We arrive at the memorial and take in the tributes, the queue for the museum is like something from Alton Towers in the height of summer. We decide to give it a miss for now and head over the One world Observatory, skip the queues and we are up, complete with iPad for our very own little tour. It’s fascinating watching from up there and learning about different places including where the titanic was due to dock.
    A nice wander down the side of the Hudson River sees us at the Staten Island Ferry. Rather than just jump straight back on for the return journey, we find a bar for a couple of liquid refreshments before we venture back. Once back we head to Wall Street and the stock exchange, all very enclosed and interesting. Onto Broadway and to my amazement Janet doesn’t dismiss a walk back !!!
    We call in at the 9/11 museum but there is still a queue but no where near this mornings. We opt to give it a miss again, and head back to Broadway, for a little liquid and toilet stop. We then find a gem of a bar on 34th street serving bass bitter and decent food. From there we head back to the hotel for a well earned couple of night caps. 34.5 k steps for me, must be more for Janet and her little legs 😂, I reckon we have covered at least 16 miles today, we should sleep well.
    Read more