Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Futbol, Tango y Arte

    September 2, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    La Boca, an intriguing blend of football fervor, the birthplace of tango, and an artistic hub, offers a unique fusion of passions. It's a place where you can't separate football from daily life – it's practically a religion here.

    One of the standout features of La Boca is "El Caminito," a little street brimming with vibrant colors, and it owes its lively appearance to a visionary named Quinquela. He believed that despite their economic hardships, the residents didn't have to live in dull surroundings. So, they started using leftover paint from the port's ships to paint their houses, creating a spectacular and uplifting spectacle of color.

    Speaking of vibrant cultural origins, La Boca is where the soul-stirring tango was born. This dance and music style have a rich history intertwined with the influx of immigrants into this area. The close-knit communities in the tenement houses fostered an environment where different cultures blended, giving birth to the passionate and expressive art form of tango. We'll delve deeper into the fascinating world of tango in the coming days.
    Read more