Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Puerto Madero

    September 2, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Continuing our journey, we took a leisurely stroll through the lovely Puerto Madero neighborhood. Our first stop brought back a fond memory as we returned to the same store where Alex had indulged in a choripan years ago. This time, the chimichurri sauce was missing – possibly due to my not-so-great Spanish skills – but the choripan, a kind of sausage sandwich, still tasted fantastic. It's worth noting that Argentine chorizo is quite different from what you'd find in Australia, with a chunky pork filling that's uniquely delicious.

    As we meandered along the scenic waterfront, we couldn't resist crossing the eye-catching Women's Bridge. This architectural gem is often likened to a dancing couple, and it beautifully represents the lively spirit of the city.

    Once we stepped off the bridge, we found ourselves at the Buque Museo Fragata, a museum with a twist. What makes it special is that it's housed in a real-life frigate – a type of warship. Inside, we discovered a captivating journey through Argentina's naval history. It's like taking a step back in time and exploring the stories of sailors and seafaring adventures on a beautifully preserved ship.
    Read more