Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 44

    Goodbye South America

    14 Oktober 2023, Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Emotionally this is going to be the hardest post to write, and will probably take several hours while I stop to wipe the tears from my eyes intermittently.

    At times we have struggled on this holiday. Sore feet, sore heads, trouble walking, trouble breathing, burns, exhaustion, coughs and colds. Difficulties balancing multiple currencies and languages across so many countries.

    We came on this holiday to push ourselves, seize the opportunity and make sure we didn't waste a minute. Seeing this continent from every position possible. Road, rail, rivers, seas, sky... Climbing maintains, trekking through rainforests, struggling through snow, crossing desserts, boating along rivers, exploring modern cities to ancient civilizations, from sea level to 5000m. We loved, we learned, we explored, we cried, we lived.

    Along the way we meet some incredible people. Our exceptional guides who were not there just to do a job, they were passionate about their country and their region and wanted to make sure that we had the best experience possible and made to feel welcomed and loved. Most of which won't know the impact they have had on us. Our drivers who always kept us on time and safe, even in some of the trickiest of conditions. Our friends Juan, Estaban, Sarah, Aymar who we felt like we've known forever even if we only met them in person for the first time.

    We invested everything we had, and also a lot of what we don't, into this holiday to make it more then just time off it's a once in a life time journey. A journey that has changed me, making me appreciate what I have and what is needed to be happy. People we've seen and meet along the way haven't all had much, but what they have is friends, family, culture and love. This has given them all the happiness they've needed everyday.

    We're already on our way to the United States. So our holiday isn't quite over yet. But this place has been special and I've shared those memories with a very special person the entire time.
    Baca lagi