Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Downtown LA

    October 15, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Since border control was extremely interested in a complete breakdown of my itinerary here in LA we thought it was best to follow the plan we told them.

    So waking up early we went to downtown LA to walk around and explore. Starting with Grand Central Market for breakfast.

    Across the road is what is considered "Shortest Railway in the World", a funicular that goes up a step hill for maybe 50 to 100 metres for a couple of dollars. We have the guy some coins we got from Ecuador (They use USD as their currency too) and he immediately looked at them and said "I've never seen these coins before, they are US coins but we haven't used anything like this in a long time". I didn't even consider that it would be different, thankfully he accepted them anyway.

    We did a walk around Grand Park for a bit, it was extremely quiet at this time of day. Lots of little squirrels running around, which was funny to see.

    Walking past the Walt Disney Concert Hall and we went to both The Broad which houses the Museum of Contemporary Art and then the Museum of Modern Art down the road a little way.

    To finish off our downtown explore, we went to a place called The Last Bookstore which seems very safe with how many people were there. Dressed up in Halloween theme it is almost a maze of books and bookshelves.
    Read more