Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Providencia

    February 4, 2020 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Have you ever wondered what it would be like to harpoon a fish and eat it for lunch? Well I got to do that today...and it was delicious.

    Today’s adventure involves taking a boat into the Caribbean sea and trying to catch a fish by harpooning it. Our guide Josh showed us how it was done and caught 4 fish for our lunch. While my dad helped Josh catch the fish by scaring them in his direction, my mum and I went snorkelling in the ocean together 🤿. We saw some lovely fish but were startled by a giant sting ray!

    When Josh caught each fish, Captain Arnold made sure he brought the boat quickly near him because any blood from the fish in the water would attract sharks (Hammer heads, Tiger sharks and Nurse sharks) very quickly from miles away.

    Captain said Josh was new at catching fish with a harpoon so he kept making fun on Josh when he missed a harpoon so Captain said : “ Ay Josh! Are you a Fisherman or a Housewife? ”, because if he didn’t manage to catch any fish he would have to buy some from the shop!

    Then we found a secluded beach and grilled the fish in the firewood he found. Josh and I went to get some mangos and they were super sweet but very small! We snorkelled around the bay and we saw tons of tiny fish! I followed a long silver fish with a funny smile for a while and my dad said it was a Barracuda. Woahhh😳😬🐟.
    Read more