Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 24

    Mary River Road House

    20 de julho de 2019, Austrália ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    We stopped for lunch at Pine Crossing, which looked like a lively little place, heavily frequented by tourists, in vans like ours, and tourist buses. Also rowdy natives at night apparently. Then we entered Kakadu . I had bought a National Park pass online for $60 which covered both of us.
    We saw a lot of burnt undergrowth, and smoke in the distance which may well have contributed to what occurred later!. We were staying at the Mary River roadhouse, and were squeezed in between a Camper van, and two caravans. The boss/ owner had a massive rifle holder attached to his buggy, which he says he uses to shoot buffalo, wild dogs and boars! Then he feeds them to his dogs!
    We also met Walter and Silvia who sat with us over tea. They were heading in the same direction as us, so hopefully we meet again. After Walter and Silvia had departed, Ian and I spotted a flickering light in the distance... getting larger. It just looked like a fire growing and getting out of control! I eventually spoke to the boys sitting around the fire next door. Oh, the rising moon.....they said...and sure enough...from their view point this huge yellow sphere was rising into the sky!!! Doh!
    Leia mais