Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Mindil Beach Sunset Market

    July 25, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    We went to the Aircraft history museum this morning. They had a B51 and an F1 11 on display among many other aircraft. Ian and I both bought T Shirts. A swim to cool down this afternoon was high on the list...and apart from the growing number of young children coming into the pool as well....it was very enjoyable.
    We caught up with Silvia and Walter again. This evening we all caught the bus to the infamous Mindle Market. The bus was late! However, a passing bus driver (not ours), phoned to check when he was coming, then waited until he could tell us. How was that for service! The market was mostly cooked food, although I did manage to get Stuart a Crocodile necklace..and then the sunset!!
    The bus home just didn't appear! Everyone else seemed to be catching the bus on the opposite side of the road. A tipsy elderly aboriginal man said we should get on the bus to the intersection then catch another bus home. And that's what we did! It took us almost 2 hours to get home, but we also experienced a dramatic last trip on our bus, with several aboriginal people arguing very loudly at the back. The driver called security, and two officers boarded....one from NI! The driver was again a credit to his profession. His parting comments "Welcome to Darwin"
    The fair is going full swing, and next door also kept going full swing for a long late night. White noise to the rescue!
    Read more