Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 37

    Litchfield National park

    2. august 2019, Australien ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Silvia and Walter left Darwin about an hour and a half before us. Ian got talking to the permanent resident from behind us. He suggested we go to Wangi Falls as the sites were much larger for caravans. Google took us past Berry Springs, and then onto a dirt road...which was mostly a very good dirt road. It also meant that we arrived in Wangi fall first..but there were no caravan sites left. Rather than risk driving to Florence Falls and finding no sites there either, we took a spot in Litchfield Safari Park. It was a quaint large CP mostly empty, but green and lush. Ian christened the owner The Gnome. He was small with a big bushy beard. We parked had lunch, and set straight out for Florence falls, in case Silvia and Walter were waiting for us....and they were! They had blocked a large site opposite them with table and chairs. Oh dear! Perhaps a good thing though!
    We walked to the falls, and I had a swim. Then walked back to the falls to retrieve Ian's forgotten towel. An aboriginal family had decamped around the towel. We were lucky to get it back I think🙄.
    Back home, we lit a beautiful fire, and enjoyed one of the best night sky we have seen yet.
    Læs mere