Satellite
  • Day 49

    Lianne and Jeff

    August 14, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We decided to stay at the golf club in South Hedland. We had only 130km to travel, after our big haul yesterday. We were the first of the day to arrive, apparently so we got the best spot! In among the gums, with plenty of shade. Our neighbour advised us to park in the middle, or they would try and squeeze someone else in too. So we did, and had a lovely big site with plenty of shade.
    We went to the Information center, and left with an itinerary: first we watched the pilots guide the big container ships into port, then we followed the coast around. The tide was out, so mud flats were the go around here. We ended up at Pretty Pool, and it was true to its name. A quick paddle, and back to the van for a shower before meeting Lianne and Jeff for tea.
    We paid $25 for water, power and the key to use the toilet and shower in the Golf Club. Bargain, as some the other CP were charging up to $50.
    We met Jeff waiting for us at the Lodge Motel, and I gave Lianne her injection for psoriasis. We had a huge meal at the smorgasbord in their canteen. All available for the miners, and Lianne charged it to the post office! It was good to see them both again.
    Read more