Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Carnarvan

    August 19, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    We booked into the Wintersun CP in Carnarvan as we left Minilya. It was probably a wise thing to do, as the park was pretty full by evening.
    The caravan battery was low, and just about everything needed recharged. I was looking forward to using a flushing toilet again.
    I also love it when we are guided into our site...takes the pressure off me. It was a lovely little CP, and reminded me of Butlins. The Tanoy announcement let all the patrons know of the Beginners Boot Scooting session on at 9.30 tomorrow morning, Tomorrow night is spud night with singing entertainment provided. At the back of the CP was the bowls club! They even hired out bowls if required.
    We went into the town and restocked, then walked along the shore front. Carnarvon is a big food growing area with the River Gascoyne flowing into the Indian Ocean and providing the water to sustain the large Banana plantations around. The river was last running in Feburary this year, but the blerb by the beach states that it is a river which also runs about 10ft underground.
    A new statue on the hill depicts a young aboriginal girl and boy, watching their parents being removed to the Islands. I didn't quite understand what it was all about though. Still it was a good sculpture.
    The mile long jetty was still closed for repair. Pity.
    Read more