Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 10

    Hot springs in Lightening Ridge

    27 giugno 2022, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    On the road to Lightening Ridge we stopped by the Artisian pool here in Walgett.
    It looked pristine...gloriously clean and sparkling.
    When I dipped my foot in - it was a very pleasant 38degrees.
    Surprisingly, the pool was empty!. Not for long though, our Tassie neighbours came walking across the grass in their bathers ready for a dip..Good for them!
    We arrived in Lightening Ridge around lunchtime. What a disappointment. No sullage, so any surface water soaks onto the ground- which was like a quagmire in places. Our site is little bigger than the caravan - not even room to put a seat out!
    We walked the town- plenty of flash looking opal stores.
    The biggest bowls club was on the main street. It was enormous, with plans to make the place bigger again, with another story to be added. The club included a bottle shop, Cafe and restaurant. We met Wally and Aileen again outside a surprisingly well stocked grocery store in town. And of course their caravan park has big drive through sites across the road from the hot baths.
    We took Frankie to the tennis court to throw his ball. We thought all the gates were closed....but he found an open one...out onto a very large oval.....and he was off- out of sight .
    I couldn't see him, but Ian spotted him sitting in the long grass around the edge. He took his time coming back...but he made the right decision. I cooked Nachos for dinner - Fiona and Greg had some too and we told them that we were leaving on Wednesday. Wished Stephen happy birthday 48 years old!!
    ...
    Leggi altro