Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Wedding recovery

    June 4, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Today was a recovery and chill day after the week of the wedding. Everyone slowly woke up, drank coffee and then we put the formula one race on. No-one else beside Mitch and I were too keen to watch but they all allowed it. We took forever to figure out how to get it on the tv but we succeeded! It was a great race actually. We waited for Mitch's family to bring us breakfast, everyone was starving and they brought so much food.
    After breakfast, everyone cleaned up and we headed out to Lake Isabel. Mitch and a few of the others attempted fly fishing with varying results. Kendra, Mitch's sister and I went for a walk around the lake but then it started pouring rain, so we headed to the car. The fishers weren't far behind us. We said bye to everyone and headed back to the cabin.
    After some lunch, we started the fire and had drinks around the fire just chatting with was so welcome after a wild week. Mitch's mum and stepdad came up to take some of the spare wedding food as we had about 4 trays filled with meat, pasta salad, toppings and beans. They brought their dogs up, who were menaces. It was an interesting time but nice to say goodbye to them.
    Ended the day the same way, sitting by the fire with Kendra and Mitch opening wedding cards. Such a good recovery day with such good humans.
    Read more