Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Friend times = fun times

    July 2, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    Today I woke up and got ready to head into town. We were meeting Zoe and Ed in town to do a Newcastle walking tour. In town, there was a 10k running which had blocked off major sections of the streets. We literally waited at a crossing junction for 15 minutes as the security guard was letting noone through. He was also a 'twat' making sexist jokes. The walking tour group literally were watching us and waiting for us to get there which was very awkward. Eventually we got over there and we started the tour. It was 90 minutes and it was very interesting. Bless the tour guide, she was reading off little handwritten note cards and clearly has been a Geordie her whole life. We learnt about the monument to Earl Grey and how it's head was hit by lightning and fell off. We learnt about Charles Dickens walking from Sunderland to Newcastle (google it) and so many other facts.
    Zoe, Ed and I then headed to Magic Hat. It's a cafe Zoe volunteers at which utilises food waste to construct a menu. Then you pay what you feel for the food. It was a beautiful little cafe and Zoe actually helped contribute to its construction. She sponsored a toilet, which is now named in her honour. I had a delicious Iranian lime stew and the others had banana pancakes. I also took a piece of cake to go. We headed to a pub called the Old George which is the oldest pub in Newcastle to watch the formula one. It was a cosy little venue with massive screens. Ed and Zoe aren't fans so Kate was explaining the rules and all the drama. We then met a few more of Zoe's friends briefly which was nice.
    We then decided to head back and rest for a bit, then Ed, Kate, Brooklan and I headed to mini golf. It was like Holey Moley but a bit better, we had a cocktail and played some funny holes. We headed to the pub intending to have a Sunday roast, however the pub was closed. We headed home, got takeaway and watched Tallegeda Nights instead.
    It was a really busy, really fun day with lots of friends!
    Read more