Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 51

    Tour Day 2 - Nuremberg & Prague

    10. Juli 2023 in Tschechien ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Today we woke up nice and early for our first bus travel day. The breakfast area was absolutely hectic but we got to eat before leaving for Nuremberg. Our guide Kristzi talked us through everything we needed to know for the trip and we had to pick out meals and extras for the next few days. We then arrived in Nuremberg which was a gorgeous city with a castle and beautiful churches. We walked around the castle, churches then grabbed a kebab for lunch to break up the German food. We then grabbed a beer from an Irish pub, a stock standard in all the tourist spots.
    We then jumped back on the bus, we have such characters in our group including 4 women - 2 sisters, their friend and mum. Mum has been identified as the weak link by the other women and keeps getting called out by her travelling companions. They told our tour guide she'd be slow walking and mum was not impressed. Stay tuned for more mum stories.
    We drove a few hours and crossed over to Czechia, land of the cheap beer. First stop we bought some fried chicken chips and peanut puffs as an introduction to culture. Next stop there was a KFC and I tried a quritto which was a popcorn chicken quesadilla. Very delicious. We then got beers for $2.50 from the petrol station.
    Finally we got to Prague and went on a walking tour. Everywhere we looked the buildings were beautiful. They are bright and colourful, all from different time eras as well. The country has had a crazy history as well and preserved a lot of it. Highlight was a sculpture refered to as pissing man, two male statues looking like they are peeing in an outline of Czechia. Allegedly you used to be able to text a word and they would move their hips to spell it in the water.
    We finally got to the restaurant and had a traditional meal in a brewery. The beer and food were great. We then walked back to the bus past some more stunning buildings and headed back to our hotel, which is a repurposed communist bloc. It was massive and everyone was keen to check in, so Erin and I grabbed a drink before heading to bed.
    Weiterlesen