Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Day 9 - Graz & Ljubljana

    July 17, 2023 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    Today we woke up and left Vienna. We drove to Graz for a lunch stop. It was another spectacular town with beautiful buildings. We walked up 260 stairs to this beautiful park, castle and clock tower area overlooking the city and took some photos. We discovered there was a slide that could take you to the bottom, but heard excessive screaming coming from said slide so we just walked back down the steps. Next we walked around to find lunch, we got schnitzel burgers which only one of us enjoyed as idiot me let them put ketchup on Erin's burger...
    We jumped back in the bus and headed to Ljubljana in Slovenia. It was 36 degrees when we got off the bus but luckily the room had air conditioning. Our first mission was attempting to buy a drink which is half non alcoholic beer and half isotonic drink (Gatorade) which was made un collaboration with the Slovenian national football team (spoilers: we never found it). We then went on a walking tour around the city, it was absolutely stunning. It was much smaller than the other cities on the itinerary and had such a cosy feel to it. We walked over the dragons bridge, saw the love lock bridge, saw the cheese and unpasteurized milk vending machines and saw the beautiful river. We fell in love with the city very quickly. We walked through a park and saw a smaller castle, then headed back to the river to sit on a barge for dinner. It was lovely sitting and watching the boats, kayakers and paddleboarders go by. We stopped for another drink in old town, then climbed up the mountain to get to the castle hill. Honestly it was the steepest incline I've seen in a while. Once we made it, there was a stunning view across the city and to the mountains. We had some drinks with the castle behind us and the city in front. Definitely one of the most stunning places we've sat and had a drink. We walked around the castle area, finding the vineyard and exercise area. Then headed back to the hotel. We headed to the roof top which was another gorgeous view of the city, and noone else was taking advantage! We could have sat there for hours. We are very sad that we don't have more time to explore this gorgeous town!
    Read more