Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Tour Day 10 - Lake Bled & Salzburg

    July 18, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Special guest appearance- EC for the final day of tour
    Hello! Georgia is being the driving hero of the day for the first day of the road trip, so I’ve gotten the call up for the find penguins post!
    I (Erin) woke up for a quick morning run back up to the castle before breakfast and getting back on the bus for the last day of the tour. We jumped on the bus and the first stop was Lake Bled, which was a stunning lake in Slovenia. Got some photos and had a walk around the lake. We sat down for a coffee and then realised we had to be back at the bus in 20 minutes and it was a 12 minute walk. Safe to say it was the fastest I’ve ever skulled a coffee but luckily no burnt mouth. Made it back to the bus with 5 minutes to spare, so continuing to rebuild our reputation as the non late girls. The next stop was Salzburg, which is sound of music town. Turns out, not a very popular movie in our tour group. Kriszti our tour leader is not a fan because of the historical inaccuracies, but still tried to get everyone hyped by playing the songs. It really felt like I was the only one who enjoyed it. She pointed out a few of the mountains from the movie as we drove which were really pretty. Georgia reported the soundtrack and the town have not made her to want to watch the movie, so no wins on that front. We were a bit late to Salzburg and they are pretty strict on tour busses so we potentially got fined. When we got to Salzburg we went through the gardens which were stunning, and may have been featured in the movie, but it has been a long time since I’ve seen it, so I can’t confirm. We only had an hour, so we went in search of waffles. Instead Geo found some spaghetti ice cream which was exciting. Jumped back on the bus for the last leg of the journey and managed to not get stopped by border security going back into Germany which Kriszti said was unheard of. Made it back to Munich and went for a final dinner with most of the tour, at a little Italian restaurant. Sat with the guys and chatted about highlights, lowlights and weirdlights on the trip, which was a lot of fun. Walter was a lowlight and cucumber boy was the weird light for me personally. Went back to the hotel and had another drink with a smaller group, which was good fun and then were embarrassingly the first to head to bed at about 11, the oldies stayed up for another drink. Overall, an awesome tour with some amazing places and some very interesting characters met along the way. Definitely will miss Kriszti's local knowledge and the bus beers vibes. But looking forward to potentially finding a salad somewhere that isn’t Central Europe.
    Read more