Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    End of the tour, start of gals trip!

    July 19, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we woke up after a sleep in, got our luggage repacked and headed to breakfast. There we said godbye to our tour group, everyone seemed a bit emotional to be finishing up which was lovely. Erin and I then walked to Lidl, a grocery store to buy some supplies for our road trip to Switzerland. We grabbed an Uber to the hotel where we picked up our car. It was tricky getting out of the city but i had my trusty navigator Erin guiding me. It was a little stressful but soon we were on the freeway and allowed to do whatever speed I wanted. Didn't go too crazy but did get up to 140km at one point, with some people still zooming past us.
    We crossed the border with no issues, just a smile and a wave. Then we drove along this stunning road right by a lake overlooking mountains on the way into Zurich.
    We arrived at our accommodation to meet Kate and Liisa. We woke Kate up from a nap and it was so nice to see her. Then we saw Liisa and it was a fabulous reunion. We all caught up then headed to Zurich via the train and a tram lead by tour guide Liisa for dinner. We walked around a bit because everything was so expensive but finally found this random italian place where the waiter struggled to understand Erins request for wine. We then walked along the river and stopped for a drink. Then we headed back after a snack stop at Spar and all headed off to bed.
    Read more