Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    F1 Day 2 - Sprintin and Trekkin

    July 29, 2023 in Belgium ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Today we got up and it wasn't actually raining! We got brekky and left fairly early to go see the drivers interviews. The walk was a bit easier and quieter than the first morning. We headed straight to the stage and stood to wait with everyone else.
    First out was Mercedes (George!!!) who were very polished as expected but still fun, then it was Erin's dream, the Ferrari boys. They spoke well, although Carlos seems to be in his own world. Next were the Haas and Red Bull boys who were also very polished, but Max was actually cracking some jokes which was nice to see.
    We then grabbed some food and coffee, then went back to see the Alpine boys buuut they started speaking French. So we set off on a hike to find an ideal spot for the day, literally we would have walked about 4km to get there. We got a good spot and watched the quali and the F2, it was really exciting to be close to the cars. Then Erin and I set off on a hike to see if we could find a better spot to watch the F1 sprint race. We literally walked for about an hour and sussed out s few spots. We ended up at a high point on the track which had some good views but then it poured down so the race was delayed. We huddled under umbrellas and finally the race started under a safety car. The race was so exciting with Piastri leading for a few laps and eventually coming second. So nice to see him get his first podium and while Hol and I were wearing our Piastri shirts too. There were a lot of exciting moments and incidents as well.
    Erin and I got ushered out a different entrance but stumbled upon the red bull party tent that was playing Super Max on blast and had different types of beer which we indulged in. We walked through some treacherous forest and attempted to get back into the track at various places, finally sneaking back in. We then got caught in a bottle neck of people, however there was a speedy but muddy way. Erin braved it in her white Adidas, luckily I had boots as we stepped into quite a few muddy, deep puddles. It was definitely a quicker way though. We finally met up with the others and trekked back to the yurt. We had done 30,000 steps over the day. We grabbed some dinner and drinks then showered before heading off to sleep before race day tomorrow!
    Read more