Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Farewells to yurt and friends

    July 31, 2023 in Belgium ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Today we woke up for the final time in the yurt. We packed everything up, grabbed one final bacon sandwich and headed to Brussels. The drive was fairly easy and it was time to say farewell to Holly and Kate. It was so nice spending time all together and the group really got along so well. We'll see Kate soonish but it'll be a while to we see Holly, the newest UK convert. Kate is off to Paris then home and Holly is off to Paris as well but then will continue her travels.
    We then navigated back through Brussels to the outskirts to our accommodation. It was confusing to find the accom but luckily a lady eventually came out with our key. We then turned the Matilda's game on and it was almost half time, so after a brief sit we headed into the main centre.
    We found an Irish pub and watched the end of the game which was very exciting. We then walked trying to find somewhere for lunch. After passing a few places, one place got us as the waiter put on an Aussie accent after asking where we are from. We then visited a bar named the Squire which had a horse shoe as its logo and horses on every table. The waiter was wild and when I went to pay, the waiter and I were dancing together. He literally grabbed my hands and we did a quick two step. Dance is the universal language. On our exit, some other guy was also having a boogie with us. The Squire really was my scene.
    Next we walked to what Liisa dubbed the 'oldest shopping street in the world' which was literally home to about 10 chocolate/macaron shops. Liisa tried 3 different macarons and had a good time. We then got a Belgium waffle, however we weren't allowed to sit in the shop unless we all bought a drink... So we struggled to eat them outside with what resembled a toothpick. Erin was the Waffle Wally and somehow managed to have cream on her nose. We had seen this souvenir of a small boy statue peeing literally EVERYWHERE so had to check it out. It was Pissing Boy, potentially the son of the original Pissing Men (see Prague day). It was also a tiny statue, which is allegedly a replica. We bought souvenirs anyway as it was hilarious.
    We then caught the train back and walked once again in the rain. Had a shower and watched some Vampire Diaries. It's been a big few days for us all.
    Read more