Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Barcelona Day 1

    June 27, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    Today was more of a travel day than anything- the most brutal travel day, that is. After a very short sleep, we had to catch the 7:15am train to Tunes (before catching the train to Lisbon).……. too bad it was CANCELLED because there is a train strike in Portugal. We ended up taking an uber to Tunes and got to catch our train back to Lisbon from there. I slept for literally the entire train ride (time travel) and we went to the mall to kill time before having to catch our flight to Barcelona.

    Side note, last night literally less than 24hrs before we were supposed to check in to our AirBnb, they cancelled the reservation, so in a hassle we booked a hostel, which worked out just fine, but it was a small sidetrack.

    Back to the story, it’s TACO TUESDAY at taco bell and that means 1€ tacos so I had that for lunch. We went to go watch a Wes Anderson movie in the mall, which I totally slept through as a result of being super exhausted and still jetlagged. I thought that the way that it was filmed was very beautiful though. We caught our flight shortly after, which I also slept entirely through. Made it to our hostel in a jiffy and guess what… it’s TACO TUESDAY at the mexican restaurant across the street so I ate more tacos for late night munch.
    Read more