Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 82

    Antigua & Acatenango Part II

    26 de julio de 2021, Guatemala ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    After resting at the lake we went back to Antigua. The weather forecast was way better then the last time and so we startet highly motivated our second hike to Acatenango Volcano. The hike was super nice but when we arrived the camp, Fuego was hiding behind the clouds. After a hot soup and when it became slowly dark the sky cleared up and we’re able to se Fuego. After a couple of small eruptions it happens: a massive explosion with glowing lava running down to volcano! We truly never seen something like that. We’re so happy that we went up the volcano again. We didn’t want to miss that!!
    The day after we went satisfied back to Antigua. The rest of the time we enjoyed Antigua, did some sightseeing and flew with the drone.
    We found another very special place close by. A little village called “Hobbitenango”. And yes it’s because of the Hobbits out of JRR Tolkien’s books. A couple of friends decided to build up this organic and nature balanced village in the style of the shire, the country of the Hobbits.
    It’s a beautiful place to hang around. Zoe can enjoy the view, buy different kind of handcrafted items or have some food at the terrace.

    And then the day arrived we had to say goodbye to Guatemala. A country which surprised us a lot. Incredible nature, nice villages/ cities and super friendly people. We would have stayed longer but a very specific place is calling us. A destination we dreamed about our whole lives…
    Leer más