Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    Arrived in Galapagos

    July 30, 2021 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    After a long trip from Guatemala City to Quito with a stop over in Panama City we decided to book a hotel close by the airport and don’t spend the 8 hours before the flight to Galapagos there. It was definitely the right decision. The next morning we went early back to the airport and after getting the Galapagos visitor pass we startet. We both were super excited during the trip. After a short in Guayaquil we we’re on our way to Galapagos. Already during landing we recognized the beauty of Galapagos. Turquoise water and black volcanic rocks. With two buses and a boat we finally made it to Puerto Ayora at the main island of Santa Cruz. We’re staying here for four nice in a little hotel/ hostel. It is a very nice place. The family who owns it is super friendly and their helping us with everything you can imagine. We have our own room with bathroom and a huge bed. It’s also very cheap compared to Galapagos prices.
    After check in we went straight to the harbour. Also here incredible colors! Marine inguanas lay at the streets and seals sleeping at the benches.
    For our first day we planned a dive to Gordon’s rock. We saw 7 hammerheads a couple of sea turtles and white tip reef sharks.
    For the upcoming days we try to get a last minute cruise around the islands. We heard right now they’re offering pretty good deals.

    For me a dream is coming true, being on Galapagos. This is such a specific and special place and I’m so excited that we are able to spend 3 weeks in this nature paradise.
    Read more