Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Blissful with sprinkling of more bliss

    July 1, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 52 °F

    This day began with a basket full of laundered hiking clothes and dried shoes and backpacks. That in itself would have been nice, but a wonderful breakfast served by our hosts with all the accoutrements of a fine B&B followed.
    14 miles walked along the River Falloch and on Strath Fallin. An occasional downpour did not dampen our spirits. We gazed at the large hills and monros (peaks above 3000’) around us. The drainages were distinctive in the vibrant green grasses dotted with white sheep.
    What is readily apparent is the diversity of geography we have experienced since leaving Milngavie Wednesday last. Wooded parks and forests, rivers and streams cutting gorges in the large rock formations they flow through and the wide straths and narrower glens we walked across.
    We reached the half way point of our “walking holiday” today near Crianlarich and have found our hiking legs.
    Forgive me for including pictures of food (blog might be called ‘Eating through Scotland’.) The breakfasts are delicious and tonight I had a soup Steph would have loved …sweet potato and carrot…along with a pint and burger at the Tyndrum Inn.

    Note: a strath is considered a wide valley between hills and a glen is characterized as a narrow (deep) valley
    Read more