Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    40 years…nearly…dearly…sincerely

    July 19, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    On 22July1983 Boxer + Mimi, then Chris and Michelle committed to a life together. It provided them with an abundance of memorable moments, two wonderful children and children of children.
    On the last full day Mimi and Boxer will be together until early August we celebrated our 40th…albeit three days early!!
    The early morning ritual of a walk continued in Zurich, our train does not leave for Geneva until midday, thus we can take a longer look at this cosmopolitan city with the aldstadt (Old Town) ranging to pre-medieval times.
    At breakfast we met a couple from New Jersey, after finding a common denominator (in pumping gas) Mimi found out that the gal was a school psychologist (and the husband retired) we went for the quinella with skiing. Unfortunately we didn’t get the answer, but they we’re headed to Zermatt, if Boxer were betting, they are skiers headed to do some hiking…
    The train ride to Geneva was filled with views of the Alps to the south, then Lake Geneva with the small towns and vineyards dotting the shores.
    The last stop on our three hour journey was the Geneva International Airport and a shuttle to our hotel.
    Fairly sure that 40 years ago we did not know that we would celebrate our ‘ruby’ anniversary in Geneva, Switzerland.
    Read more