Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    From croissant to kaiser

    July 18, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌙 64 °F

    An early morning walk to The Salzach, the river that flows out of the Kitzbuhl Alps through and dividing Salzburg between the old town and the folks who live (and work) there…or so it seems.
    If that wasn't enough we decided to venture to the lovely gardens of the Maribel Palace to contrast yesterday’s pictures with morning's light.
    The itinerary for today was to hop on the train headed for Zurich. To get there was a treat, traveling into the area that has many high mountain ski resorts…Boxer is feeling right at home…(This trip is morphing from a summer journey to a winter destination fact finding adventure.)
    Joe Dawkins's good friend Andy once shared with Boxer that Austria is shaped like a ‘frying pan’, as we get closer to the handle (in western Austria) the landscape changes to rolling hills of green and houses adorned with window boxes filled with color.
    In Zurich Mimi and Boxer are forced to our Google Maps app to find our hotel for the evening. We did not need an app to locate a restaurant exclusively serving fondue…now Boxer is sure that he is at home…
    Read more